EOB Comprehensive School Counseling Program
Professional school counselors provide and carry out a comprehensive developmental guidance and counseling program which focuses on the uniqueness of all students in three areas of development: academic, career and personal/social. These areas or domains are in alignment with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) national standards. The program components include the guidance curriculum, individual planning, responsive services and program management.
Roles and Responsibilities
School counselors serve as: Counselors Consultants Teachers Facilitators Managers Advocates Coordinators Mentors
Secondary School Counselors
- Provide direct counseling services to students individually and in support groups.
- Implement classroom lessons focusing on orientation to the school, graduation requirements, career exploration, post-secondary options, and academic skills.
- Serve as liaisons between parents, school staff, students and the community.
- Consult with teachers, administrators and staff members.
- Coordinate meetings between students, parents and staff.
- Facilitate referrals to school and community services and or agencies.
- Disseminate information to parents/guardians about graduation requirements, academic programming, and postsecondary planning through Parent Programs.
- Advise students on academic planning, graduation requirements, personal/social concerns and career decision-making skills.
- Provide career guidance to students individually and in large groups.
- Assist students with the college selection and application process.
- Assist students with job search skills and career planning.
- Review confidential and other school records.
- Serve on school and community committees.
Emmett O’Brien Student Services Department
To facilitate student success by supporting their academic achievement, enhancing their personal, intellectual, physical and social development through an innovative program and a continuum of services in collaboration with parents, colleagues, and the community.
Link to Naviance – This is a web-based academic planning program that provides tools for students to envision their future goals and chart a path that leads to their desired destination and future success. Your school counselor will be around to complete many of the activities the program has to offer, like college and scholarship search engines, career and interest inventories, and more!
What Can Students Do?
- Research colleges, scholarships, careers,
- Create individual plans that can be linked to college and career readiness.
- Communicate easily with teachers and counselors.
- Request transcripts and recommendations for college applications
- Complete career assessments
- Perform college and career searches
- Create goals and track associated tasks and activities
- Develop a Senior Portfolio
School Counseling Google Classrooms:
Class of 2025 Grade 9 xtipgtu
Class of 2024 Grade 10 z4vqxw3
Class of 2023 Grade 11 o3ptg72
Class of 2022 Grade 12 mcpv66s
School Social Work All Grades 3boslc4
Information specific to each grade level will be posted in these classrooms.